[OSM-talk] RfD: New Key post_box_operator

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 21:40:40 BST 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 11:19:58 Florian Schmitt wrote:
> i'd like to propose an new key to extend the post_box feature. I draftet
> a proposal at
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/post_box:operator
>
> I would be glad to hear your opinions about the proposal.

Is there anything postbox-specific about the "operator=" tag?  I've been using
it for everything from car parks (operator = tintagel village council) to
camp sites (operator=national trust) to rail/subway stations, and anything
where the ownership might be considered reasonably interesting or nonobvious.