[OSM-talk] A broken lake

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:07:11 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 23:22 +0300, Lauri Hahne wrote:
> There is lake that has been severely broken since api 0.5 transition.
> It used to render almost ok before transition. Now I've cleaned it up
> as much as I've found duplicate ways etc but at least t at h doesn't
> render it correctly. I hope somebody could take a look at it
> http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=61.48817744182773&lon=23.768576573019672&zoom=12&layers=B000F000
>
> hope to get some help

I'm not entirely sure which lake you are talking about.

Looking at the one to the South West of Tampere in the Mapnik renderer I
can spot one place which has a problem. The way ID = 8132169

Retrieveing the way from the API and searching for one of the problem
node shows it is present twice:

$ wget -O /dev/stdout -q  "http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/way/8132169" | grep 60307330
    <nd ref="60307330"/>
    <nd ref="60307330"/>

The first 30 of the nodes are present in the way twice. Unfortunately
this is not visible in JOSM. The only obvious way to fix it is to
manually edit the .osm file and re-upload the data.

	Jon