[OSM-talk] Bridge Tag

Patrick Weber p.weber at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Oct 14 09:31:20 BST 2007

Hi

Just something I noticed. I drew a road bridge over two railroad lines.
Now, I noticed before that  sometimes osmarender doesnt know what comes
on top, so i experimented, and gave one railway line a tag layer = -1.
The result you can see in the attached screenshot. The railway line
without the layer tag gets rendered on top of the roadbridge, the one
with layer=-1 below the roadbridge, as one would expect.

Wouldnt it make sense to assign to any bridge automatically a layer = +1
rendering priority, as i believe in 99% of cases, a bridge is always on
top of everything else?

Cheers

Patrick