[OSM-talk] requesting feedback (was: Disallow Anonymous Edits NOW)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Oct 15 11:03:42 BST 2007

Hi,

> I used to contribute to Distributed Proofreaders (http://
> www.pgdp.net/)
> and they had a very nice system for smoothing the learning curve:
>    When the user submits a proofread page, there's a checkbox "I'm
> a new
>    user and would like feedback on my work".

Good if

1. the "work" to be proofread is clearly grouped (we could do that if
we hat change sets or so)
2. there are enough people to do the proofreading.

Risk:

People just do something half-right and assume that someone will fix
it because they click the "please help" checkbox.

I think this is interesting and should be further investigated, but
it is not an alternative to disabling anonymous edits now.

Bye
Frederik