[OSM-talk] GPX upload: description vs tags?

tim chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:15:08 BST 2007

also, tracks tagged with stuff can be "searched" by manually creating a url:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/Glasgow
http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/party
http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/walk

so I tend to use them for locations, and big stuff like "party" "walk"

descriptions are not currently searchable, so I don't really do much
in the description, just add a bit more text - more verbose tags
really.

Tim