[OSM-talk] JOSM interface direction

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Tue Oct 16 23:30:16 BST 2007

As I'm newbie to the OSM project so forgive me if these are way out there, but is the
direction of JOSM to be able to view and edit the final product realtime ( ie the rendered
map image.)

In the past word processors (if you remembered that far back) use formating commands then
people could only see the final product when they print-previewed.
I suspect thats where JOSM is at now, will the future (far) be able to see real time or
instant rendering of there maps?

Ideally it should be WYSWYG ie the interface IMHO should be be able to "draw" the rendered
  road real-time.

Another question is there a way to have more presets in JOSM or do I have to somehow
manually configure these? how do have a function to make this a footpath or residental
road etc.. The more presets means its easy to apply a standard. I noticed in one of the
view tutorials that there was some presets on the toolbar or is that still in Dev.

BTW this is great project and shows great promise.

Thanks