[OSM-talk] historic = memorial, monument, icon

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:16:22 BST 2007

historic = memorial, monument, icon
which ones actually show up on osmarender/tiles at home?
which ones will also show name=, or is that all that show up?
would you say any of these have to be dedicated to people that lost thier
lives in war/tragedy?

I'm mapping 'The Durham Cow', which looks quite odd where it's randomly
placed so you'd want to go back and look at a map to see just what it is!
I also eventually found the plaque/explanation/poem on the floor, I guess
this would go in description= although I don't know if that's ever used by
anyone (I've heard people put opening times there).

I think it is to the building of the catedral, and the people that carried
St Cuthbert's body around for a few hundred years. Photos of this cow and
story will be on http://www.livingwithdragons.com at some time.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com