[OSM-talk] Voice Recorders

L lesley1948 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:42:01 BST 2007

Hi Guys,
I don't know it I've got the right end of the stick here but you say
software for use on a PDA is limiting its use.  If it is software you're
concerned with, have a look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/BSGPSPDA  .  I've been using
BSGPSPDA for plotting tracks on OSM maps that 'track as you go', for quite
some time now and I have to say I've had nothing but success (although I'm
not a great contributer to the OSM project).  All my OSM Tiles are saved to
the storage card and I have the option to save my track logs to the storage
card or the PDA so I shouldn't think there's be a problem with waypoints
being saved to the storage card either.  Just stick it on the wish list!!

I use the entry level Futisu-Siemens Pocket LOOX N500 that has an integrated
GPS receiver and the software provides all the tools I need for recording
tracks, waypoints, etc. It uses the latest OSM tiles and the recorded track
can be overlayed on the OSM map.  The tracks are saved as *.GPX for
immediate export to JOSM and you have the option to verbally record
descriptions of waypoints.  The only option I haven't got is the
integrated camera!!!!

Hope this is useful.  My apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree!!!

Regards,

LesleyB