[OSM-talk] River Avon in Mapnik

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue Oct 23 22:38:02 BST 2007

Osmarender uses the natural=coastline you specifically create and nicely fills in the sea side

>http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=59.4074&lon=18.0259&zoom=13&layers=B0T -
>Mapnik

Mapnik ignores natural=coastline and uses the innacurate, messy PGS coastline dataset and does not fill in the sea. The only way to get mapnik to look right is to change your natural=coastline arm to a large natural=water area. This will cause Mapnik to render it properly, however, it will still merge in the crummy PGS data, which you will see around the edges of your water area where it does not match.
Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer
University of Western Sydney
Email: b.easton at uws.edu.au