[OSM-talk] [josm-dev] JOSM Modeless???

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Oct 24 19:17:02 BST 2007

On 24/10/2007 17:34, Rick Collins wrote:
> My real point was that there are tasks that are fairly verbose in
> terms of the mouse actions required.  Another example is adding
> multiple nodes to an existing way.  I have to click the Draw Node
> button, then place the node, click the Select button, click in an
> empty spot to unselect the node just created, then start over with
> clicking the Draw Node button.

No you don't. Shift-Click does a new node without connecting.

(Click on its own does a new node and extend from selected; however that
is changing a little bit - Frederick is intending to make it easier to
determine which way you are trying to extend - at the moment nodes are
ambiguous).

> Just as deleting multiple objects is
> somewhat tedious without a delete mode,

Several people have already said this is going to change, but even if
not you can still select several objects and press D; the only
difference from the Delete key is then that you have to switch back to
select or node mode. It's hardly a big deal.

> adding multiple nodes is
> tedious with the current Draw Node function.

because you didn't know about shift-click. Mind you, you'll still forget
to press shift from time to time, I'm sure.

David