[OSM-talk] Osmosis error with multiple bouding boxes

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:11:11 BST 2007

On 10/25/07, Lambertus <osm at na1400.info> wrote:
> I've tested 0.21 now with the 'tee' command where 4 outPipes are created and
> 4 bounding boxes that use these outPipes and this is the result:
> <snip>
> So apparently t1 and t2 are functional, but t3 isn't. Scaling down the test
> to only two outPipes results in succes. Probably a software coded limit on
> outPipes or somesuch?

You forgot the outputCount=4 argument to the --tee task.

I'm working on a Garmin auto-routing map generator, and I'll also need
the planet chopped up into tiles/segments. Maybe we can come up with
an Osmosis task that will do it more efficiently. In my case, though,
I'll need to keep the ways inside each segment complete (include all
the nodes in each tile from ways that cross tile/segment boundaries)
in order to properly set up routing between neighboring tiles.

It's a little difficult, but not impossible. It's easy enough to split
out nodes into individual tiles/segments, but more difficult to make
the ways complete across tiles. The new RandomAccessObjectStore might
be helpful here as a temporary storage for all nodes. I'll think about
a possible structure for this. Maybe Brett has some ideas, too.

Karl