[OSM-talk] Osmarender 5

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Sep 1 13:13:10 BST 2007

In message <8fcd02310709010441y5356e997o18be09709484e22c at mail.gmail.com>
          80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/07, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> >
> > Why do many of the street names in Oakham have "(C) persons name"
> > against them? This rather spoils the map IMO.
>

> It's an experiment, I'd like to hear people's opinions.

As discussed on IRC the other night after it first appeared, the
consensus seemed be that it was bogus.

To start with you can't possibly know if that is the correct copyright
attribution, assuming that you've just taken the last person to edit
it and ignore all previous editors who may well have far more work.

It might even have been created by the Tiger upload or by somebody
who has declared their work PD and therefore not be copyright at all.

When you were first playing with it there was no copyright symbol was
there? I think adding it was a big mistake as it makes an assertion
that will frequently be wrong.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)