[OSM-talk] Osmarender 5

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 22:23:41 BST 2007

Hi,

> I think that we should, at least medium-term, have a "debug style" map
> which is aimed first and foremost at mappers; a map which would
> probably include some meta-information like a shaded "re-visit this"
> area or the like - a map which would aim not at being beautiful or
> good for the non-mapping user, but a map that helps us do the mapping.
>
> On such a map, when it is very clearly not aimed at the public to show
> off our work, listing the person who last edited the map might be
> useful.

This is something that would be quite useful.

If we could somehow get un-named ways to render, that might help too. Maybe
in a distinct color to show that it is lacking information?

I wish there was a way to print the Potlatch rendered ways, so I could see
which
(light grey) ones need info, and which black ones need to be
checked/verified.

Gerald.