[OSM-talk] Potlatch POI editing

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Sun Sep 2 20:48:40 BST 2007

Richard Fairhurst schrieb:
> As yet all POIs are displayed the same, but I hope to replace them by
> proper icons at a later date.

If you're going to change that, please take a look at the icons used by
JOSM's Mappaint plugin (which uses 16*16 max icons).

It would be nice, if user switching between potlatch and JOSM (with
mappaint) will see the same icons for the same things.

You will find all the icons and the corresponding xml mapping file
elemstyles.xml in
svn.openstreetmap.org\applications\editors\josm\plugins\mappaint\styles\standard
(please update SVN, I've changed it recently). An icon overview can be
found at: http://gpsdrive.de/development/map-icons/overview.en.shtml
(the classic.small theme is used in mappaint).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Regards, ULFL