[OSM-talk] Osmarender 5

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Mon Sep 3 15:13:10 BST 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 09:04:04PM +0100, 80n wrote:
> I've just submitted a new version of Osmarender.

  Great!

> There's bound to be lots of bugs, please let me know if anything breaks or
> if you any of the rendering results don't look right.

  In a couple of places, a foot/cycleway seems to take a different
  route from its outline - meaning there is a stripy way as well as
  the coloured way (which has no dotted outline).

  Examples at:
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.72864227418912&mlon=-1.2402068052690607&zoom=17&layers=0BT
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.73643321261215&mlon=-1.2309692794225617&zoom=17&layers=0BT

  Near to the second of those is an example where the "name" text for
  streams is too large with Boundary Brook - even more obvious at
  zoom=16 where the name appears to be on the service road and
  footpath, as the stream is obscured.
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.72864227418912&mlon=-1.2402068052690607&zoom=17&layers=0BT

  Rivers, in general, seem to have got wider, so riparian paths are
  now flooded!

  I think you're rendering ncn_ref which could be cool, but just
  having a number floating next to a road isn't obvious - perhaps it
  needs a bike symbol?

  The controversial attribution thingy seems to have broken at
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.736898300782094&mlon=-1.2355397625940003&zoom=17&layers=0BT

  That'll do for now!