[OSM-talk] Non-slippy map link on front page?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Sep 3 18:37:16 BST 2007

Hi,

> As far as putting a link on goes, the problem is one of screen real
> estate as we've already got people complaining that they can't see
> everything without scrolling.

I have seen sites where the main page was a simple static page with a
Javascript redirect (along the lines of
"windows.location.href=javascript page"). That makes sure everyone
with Javascript gets the fancy page, and people without just see a
simple one. The drawback is that the fancy page only appears after an
extra round trip, even though it is probably used by 99% of viewers.

Bye
Frederik