[OSM-talk] Country boundaries

Knut Arne Bjørndal bob+osm at cakebox.net
Tue Sep 4 00:10:30 BST 2007

Hi

I'm just now uploading the border for Norway into OSM. The data
source is the CIA World DataBank II, which certainly has some flaws
(pretty inaccurate, and outdated), however I don't think it's any
issue for Norway, as the border hasn't changed much recently, and
it's also mostly far into the woods where it's not all that important
if you're a hundred meters into Norway or Sweden.

Of course anybody is welcome to do a proper trace on foot of the
border, but I personally find 2500km a bit on the long side for a
hike ;)

I'll clean the scripts I used up a bit and create a wiki page
describing the procedure tomorrow.

--
Knut Arne Bjørndal
aka Bob Kåre