[OSM-talk] Osmarender 5

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Sep 4 18:04:49 BST 2007

80n wrote:
> I've just submitted a new version of Osmarender.
>
> There's bound to be lots of bugs, please let me know if anything breaks
> or if you any of the rendering results don't look right.

The fill pattern for cemeteries seems to be too small.  It's much harder
to identify as cemetery now, until you get to about z17(!), where the
old one was easily identifiable at z14.  It also has some tiling
problems (a grid of white lines around each block of the fill) at z17.

Compare the two renderings of cemeteries here:
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=44.516408932420774&lon=-89.56360686363656&user=hawke&zoom=15&layers=B000F000
(at z15, it is quite clear on the old rendering (top right) and terrible
on the new one (bottom center)

-Alex Mauer "hawke"