[OSM-talk] Is *just* tracing useful?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Sep 7 14:06:41 BST 2007

Hi,

>> For example, you can load the "maplint"
>> layer on your Garmin GPS, so nameless roads will be highlighted
>
> This sounds very cool.
> Is there a how-to for this somewhere?

I was perhaps a bit bold speaking of a "layer" - that was what I
remembered but I inquired and found out:

What people in fact did was to run maplint on the OSM data (the
standalone maplint as contained in CVS). There's an XSL there which
gets invoked by the maplint shell script and produces a GPX file with
all warnings and errors (and "todo" tagged items). You can then
trivially load this onto your GPS.

Bye
Frederik