[OSM-talk] dev down

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Sep 9 00:17:53 BST 2007

In message <DFFEE4C74F4F7C469FCEFF12FC55A80D1D7EDE at mx6.ITN.LOCAL>
          "Barnett, Phillip" <Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk> wrote:

> The API is unbearably slow - I've been trying to upload all night, with
> constant restarts - now I can't even download data...

Which has exactly nothing to do with dev...

Yes folks, the API is very slow at peak times at the moment. I'm
working on it but the basic problem is not something that there are
quick fixes for as it is essentially a consequence of the current
rapid growth in the size of our data set.

I think from something Jon has said that there was an additional
problem this evening, possibly caused by something like a very big
search request but I haven't looked at the logs to check that yet.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/