[OSM-talk] git/svn (was: Re: New osmarender markings - what does dashed blackmean?

Robert Hart bathterror at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:47:25 BST 2007

> a potential problem: it excludes windows-users, doesn't it? (the significant
> one for osmarender being 80n)

There's nothing to stop you having multiple version control systems
running in parallel. For example, I work on a project that uses SVN
for it's main branch, but when I am experimenting I tend to use bzr,
because I can work offline, and branch much more easily. Once I have
something I'm happy with, I then do a svn submit.

I'm pretty sure it would work well the other way around too. You'd
just have need a public svn rep that was regularly synced to the git
head branch.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html

--
Robert Hart