[OSM-talk] BSGPSPDA

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Sat Sep 15 15:24:44 BST 2007

On 07/09/2007, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's pronounced os-ma-render.  I felt that oh-es-em-render would have been
> a bit of a mouthful.
>
> > Blame Etienne as creator of Osmarender for that. Try saying it without
> > the
> > "a" and it's a tad tricky ;-)

I pronounce it oh-es-em-ay-render, but, I'm not a big fan of forming word
acronyms from abbreviations or, especially, trying to make words out of
abbreviations through adding random letters... Each to their own I guess ;)

For now, for purity, I'll try to convince myself that A stands for Advanced
rather than just being there for it's sound, unless someone can come up with
a better idea ;)