[OSM-talk] TIGER / Mapnik suggestion

John Baker rovastar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:16:12 BST 2007

As these abbreviations will (if imagine) always be at the end of the feild
in the database
 you could do some simple SQL or code to get the list and change it.

If you database supports it the % character with the LIKE command should
help you out.

something like

SELECT *
FROM Street_Info
WHERE street_Name LIKE '% ST'
(or like "% St.")

or

with simple code a command for the left most area of a string like
Left(str,3) = " ST"

These should flag all the fields with a space and ST at the end.

like "JAMES ST" , etc
and then replace them all in your table.

Hope it helps

John