[OSM-talk] GPS Traces Search function and GPX Viewer

Keith Ng khensthoth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:49:37 BST 2007

I am mapping ways for streets and roads which has GPS tracklog on them on
the island of Penang, Malaysia. I am from there myself, but I am not
entirely familiar with that suburb. I am also not in Malaysia right now and
thus unable to verify and sometimes understand what the GPS tracks mean.

My question is, from JOSM (or anywhere) is it possible to search for the
person who uploaded the original GPX data to OSM? If it is, then how does
one go about downloading the data? Is there a good gpx viewer software,
either online or offline, which can visualise the track as a function of
time. I see in OSM GPS traces page you can roughly see how the route is
travelled, and in what direction. I would like that kind of data for a small
area I am mapping. What I need would be similar program, with better control
of the time (smaller increment).

Thanks in advance.

Keith