[OSM-talk] T at H error

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 12:08:06 BST 2007

I suspect that there is a new failure mode in Osmarender 5 which can occur
on ways that have a very large number of segments.

The symptoms are similar to infinite recursion problem that occurred in
Frollo.  This was caused by trying to recursively walk the segments in a
way.  It barfed at about 200 segments.

There is a new piece of functionality in Osmarender 5 that tries to measure
the length of each way by recursively walking the segments.  It uses this
information to determine whether the street name will fit on the way.  The
obvious solution is to limit this recursion to, say, 20 segments, and just
assume that names will fit if the way has more segments than this.

80n