[OSM-talk] To John Bright (unwayed segments to unclassified ways)

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Wed Sep 26 19:49:02 BST 2007

Hi,

Alex Mauer wrote:

> highway=unknown?
>
> Also, are they even known to be highways?

I find it easy to have the situation where I know something's a highway,
but don't know what sort, its name, etc.  Example: I drive some 30km
route, but don't have time to map it properly, note street
names/references, etc.  I know that everything in my trace is a highway,
because I drove along it.  The fact that there's a highway there is
(imho) useful information in itself - and makes for a better map than
empty space.  But I'd still like the area flagged as needing more work.
  Hence, my wish for highway=unknown.

--
Jon