[OSM-talk] Highways with highway=steps

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 13:39:34 BST 2007

On 28/09/2007, Knut Arne Bjørndal <bob+osm at cakebox.net> wrote:
> "Peter Miller" <peter.miller at itoworld.com> writes:
>
> > Can you also get maplint to accept:-
>
> I suspect you are talking about the not-in-map_features test, which is (mostly) automatically created from map features, so anything there should be accepted after a developer runs the updating script.
>
> > ncn=yes
>
> I found route=ncn in map features, I suspect that does what you want.

kind of falls apart when you're doing route=ncn;rcn etc... there were
a number of suggestions for fixing this, but they mostly make it
difficult to render, or seriously confusing to use.

the cycle map [1] just renders anything with "ncn" as NCN and anything
with "rcn" as regional routes. It lets you do other things too such as
"ncn => proposed", although nothing clever is done yet when you add
that. If you have the "ncn_ref" tag there then you can just leave off
the route tag completely as far as the renderer is concerned.

Little of this is in map features and none of it has been voted on. It
is being used though.

[1] http://www.gravitystorm.co.uk/osm/