[OSM-talk] JOSM plugin: VoiceNote

Ted Mielczarek ted.mielczarek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:45:37 BST 2007

Hi,

I've been learning to use the OSM tools, working on mapping my
neighborhood.  I've been using JOSM + LiveGPS on my MacBookPro, with a
USB GPS attached, which works pretty well.  I've been having a hard
time with noting street names though, so I wrote a JOSM plugin to let
me record voice notes while driving.  The plugin requires that you
have the LiveGPS plugin installed.  To use it, you simply hold the
spacebar to record a note, and when you release it, a marker will be
placed on the map at the point you started recording.  You can click
the marker to play back your note.

Feedback appreciated, this is obviously a rough release, and it could
use some more features, but I did a test run already and found it
quite useful!

Screenshot: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/osm/josm-voicenotes.png
Download plugin: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/osm/voicenote.jar
Source code: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/osm/voicenote.zip

Special thanks to Frederik Ramm for livegps and Christof Dallermassl
for the surveyor plugin, your source code was very useful for figuring
things out!

Regards,
-Ted