[OSM-talk] Osmosis/Mkgmap: Missing ways at tile borders

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Apr 3 11:49:58 BST 2008

Hi Christian,

This does sound strange, the completeWays functionality should avoid the
problem you're seeing.  Can you provide me the id of the way that is
causing you problems?  I'd like to replicate this bug if possible.

If it turns out to be a limitation of the current design (ie. not easily
fixable) then there's a backup plan.  I've finished writing a new
bounding box implementation which might fix your problems.  It uses a
PostgreSQL database with PostGIS extensions to perform true spatial
queries.  It is *supposed* to avoid these types of problems but I
haven't tested it well yet.  This sounds like a good test case.

It might take me a few days to get back to you on this though, I'm away
for the next few days.

Brett