[OSM-talk] anonymous contributions still allowed ?

Pieren Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:19:41 BST 2008

Hi all,
By accident, I found some contributions made in March 16th this year but
with some mistakes.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.25977&lon=7.42248&zoom=16&layers=B0FT

As usual, I wanted to contact the person but I was surprised to see that
this recent edition is anonymous:
http://crschmidt.net/osm/history.html?type=way&id=23316471

Potlach history just says 'anonymous'. The way was created with JOSM.
I thought that such anonymous editions are not possible since Nov. 2007.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Disabling_anonymous_edits
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2007-October/018893.html

I suspect that this person was registered before this date. Is it possible
that such people have a kind of 'privilege' and can stay anonymous for ever
?

Pieren