[OSM-talk] Mapnik: amenity=bus_station

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 13:26:21 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 13:38 +0200, Steven te Brinke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The current mapnik rules will render amenity=bus_stop, but the map
> features define it as amenity=bus_station.
>
> Steven

I seem to remember that the rendering for amenity=bus_stop was put in
because it was in use prior to the approval of highway=bus_stop in
Map_Features. It was never intended to be bus_station.

We should probably render amenity=bus_station too but we should use a
more significant icon and render them at lower zooms.

The counts of the different 'bus*' values from the latest planet dump
are below for reference...

gis=> select amenity,count(amenity) as number from planet_osm_point
where amenity like 'bus%' group by amenity order by number desc;
     amenity     | number
-----------------+--------
 bus_station     |   1051
 bus_stop        |    216
 bus stop        |      5
 bus_depot       |      3
 bus_terminal    |      2
 busstop         |      2
 bus_parking     |      2
 bus station     |      1
 business_park   |      1
 business centre |      1
 bus_stop?       |      1
(11 rows)

gis=> select highway,count(highway) as number from planet_osm_point
where highway like 'bus%' group by highway order by number desc;
     highway      | number
------------------+--------
 bus_stop         |  13532
 bus_halt         |    230