[OSM-talk] Relations not always brilliant

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Apr 7 11:46:10 BST 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, David Earl wrote:

> And to take the A11/A14 example again, if the A11 in effect disappears
> where it is coincident with the A14, the A11 is discontinuous.

I'm not sure why we need to treat the whole discontinuous A11 as a single
road.

In this example, as far as I can tell we have 2 roads called the A11 and
a road joining them called the A14 - route planners can deal with this
just the same as they can deal with A11 -> A14 -> A134.

Route planners shouldn't be directing you along the A14 just because it
happens to also be part of the A11 - they should be directing you down it
because it is the best road to get you from A to B.

  - Steve