[OSM-talk] Relations not always brilliant

Tue Apr 8 13:58:06 BST 2008

Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:

> Richard seemed to be arguing that putting the whole A11 (with or
> without
> the connecting parts from other roads) in a single relationship was
> "not
> brilliant". Surely that's what relationships are for?

No... because the information is already in there (in the ref tag)
and, for the nth time, you are adding more and more and more
complexity that can only serve to increase the entry barrier.

I repeat: "Relations are for doing things that can't otherwise be
done, or done well."

cheers
Richard