[OSM-talk] Mapnik: amenity=bus_station

Niclas Andersson niclasa at swipnet.se
Tue Apr 8 21:19:07 BST 2008

graham wrote:

> I've been doing the opposite, and have only recently realised that your
> way is the way I was supposed to do it..
>
> I have mapped quite a few bus stops where the bus stop is on a
> pedestrian island and I want to show not only 'side of road' but also a
> fairly exact physical position. I'd be reluctant to give that up to
> plonk all my bus stops in the middle of the road...
>

> [...]
I've always used a node in the way to represent a bus stop. This works
fine when there's a stop on each side of the road. Otherwise I've made
use of the bus_direction=(N|S|E|W) tag (from
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Buses ) on the node to indicate
in which direction the stop is for, which I believe should work fairly
well. Then the renderers or alike can use that to move them off a bit to
the side when displayed if wanted.

/Niclas Andersson
niclasa at swipnet.se