[OSM-talk] Mapnik: amenity=bus_station

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Apr 9 09:34:21 BST 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Cartinus wrote:

> Up till now I used the "node in the road" method. But lately I have been
> thinking about how routing applications would use osm data. I doubt bus
> companies will be using osm to route their busses. But when routing for
> pedestrians, you will want to be able to reach the bus stops.

Bus companies may not want to to use it for routing, but someone else
might want to run a route planner for getting from A to B by public
transport and on foot (there is one run by the UK government already I
think?).  This would need to take account of bus stop location, direction
as well as data from other sources such as bus timetables.

I think this is the one I was thinking of: http://www.transportdirect.info

  - Steve