[OSM-talk] Naga City in OSM Re: GML to OSM

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 15:08:59 BST 2008

Chris Hill wrote:
> Lester Caine wrote:
>> Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
>>
>>> <quote who="Lester Caine">

>>> By "detective work" you mean, like, zooming out?  :-P
>>>

>> No - where do you get the information on which Naga city we are looking at by
>> zooming out?
>>

> By zooming out far enough to get the information you need.
>
> Oh, but is that the Philippines on Earth or on Mars, but wait is that
> Mars in the Sol system, or Betalguese - but which multiverse are we in?
> Now I'm strting to panic!

I repeat - WHERE are you getting that information by zooming out. Nothing says
that this group of islands is the Philippines and nothing says which Island
THIS Naga City is on. I'll be perfectly honest - I did not know the
Philippines actually covered ALL of those islands, I though they were several
countries, but NOTHING tells me that this group of islands IS the Philippines!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL