[OSM-talk] Locating users

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:45:13 BST 2008

David Earl
>Sent: 11 April 2008 3:36 PM
>To: OSM
>Subject: [OSM-talk] Locating users
>
>Is there a way to find out more than the nearest ten mappers to me?
>
>I suppose I could change my home location systematically, but it's a bit
>tedious.
>
>I ask because I was thinking about a Cambridge meet up now there's quite
>a large number of people in the area, and I know that (a) not everyone
>is on the mailing list, and (b) there are many more people signed up in
>the area (people who were my neighbours have been superseded by those
>closer still as time has gone on)

I find this a pain too. I regularly have to temporarily shift my location so
that I can find out if any new users have cropped up in the wider Birmingham
area in order to make contact, say hello, and tell them what's going on
related to OSM that they might be interested in.

Obviously the list length has to stop somewhere, so perhaps it would be
better to display the 10 closest to the centre of the map as displayed
(which by default is your home location initially).

Cheers

Andy