[OSM-talk] Locating users

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Apr 11 16:13:24 BST 2008

In message <223020e60804110747r5db32494k45aedea5904a9be2 at mail.gmail.com>
        Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to find out more than the nearest ten mappers to me?
>
> Not currently but I think this would make a nice API feature, I've had
> the same wish when organising mapping parties in the past.
>
> We're using MySQL 5.*, so the current lat, lon field in the user table
> could be migrated to a geometry point column to allow bbox queries of
> users.

Not usefully it couldn't. The users table is an InnoDB table and
you can't have geo indexes on point columns in Inno tables.

It doesn't matter though as there are so few users it isn't an
issue at the moment, and when it is we can always tile them like
the other tables with geo coords.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)