[OSM-talk] virtual san francisco mapping party?

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sat Apr 12 20:33:48 BST 2008

On 12 Apr 2008, at 02:00, Peter Miller wrote:
> I started cleaning up around the San Francisco area a week ago in
> preparation for the Where 2.0 conference (Burlingame:  May 12th-
> 14th) and WhereCamp (Mountain View: May 17th – 18th ).

...and the mapping party next Staurday?

I've been putting the word out and trying to get the data in from
people here.

> Does anyone else feel like joining me? I would suggest that the
> initial focus is the area to the west of San Francisco Bay between
> San Francisco itself and Sunnyvale. Just choose a random spot to
> start and work outwards and let’s see how it goes. For anyone who
> hasn’t tried it yet, rectifying Tiger data is more compulsive that
> Sudoku!

I've been doing exactly this, but potlatch is really pissing me off
because you have to be so precise when moving nodes about and adding
nodes to ways, you often just drag the map and not a node. I've asked
richard for a 'double width' node and way mode. I don't think potlatch
has been used extensively in this way - fixing lots of existing crap
data - before.

> Btw, if anyone knows what is going on in the bay just north of
> Mountain View and the Googleplex then please do some suitable
> tagging. There seem to be

I'm around there right now if there is anything else specific you need
done.

Best

Steve