[OSM-talk] Lakes and relations, what did I break?

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:38:44 BST 2008

An update to this:

To exclude some possibilities, I've removed the relation. Now the lake
outlines are simple clockwise water, the islands, for the time being,
are simply untagged and out of the picture. No improvement - the
problem is clearly not caused by relations.

Does anybody have tips for how to proceed? My theory is that the cause
may be related to the number of nodes involved or perhaps to some
close_areas problem caused by an irregular piece of shoreline near a
tile boundary.

close_areas does get called now for natural=water, doesn't it? If not,
that could be another cause...

Dermot