[OSM-talk] OSM on "factory" Macs

Daniel Schmidt Daniel at planetschmidt.de
Mon Apr 21 22:57:19 BST 2008

Sorry for my previous, possibly confusing post. I meant so send this
one...

> * Slippy Map (heard rumours that it runs sub-optimal on Safari,
> always loading tiles for all layers instead of current only?)

I've been using the slippy map with Safari for several months and
never had an issue.

> * JOSM (especially concerned about usability with 1 button mouse)

Newer Macs come with the Mighty Mouse which has 4 buttons and a scroll
button. But you should also be able to use any other USB mouse.

> * Potlatch

Safari comes with a Flash plug-in and therefore has no problems
running Potlatch.

If you want, I can come to Karlsruhe and do some Mac consulting
(sometime after finishing my university degree next week) ;-)

Greets,

Daniel