[OSM-talk] Tagging climbing routes and scrambles

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Apr 23 11:51:52 BST 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Andy Robinson (blackadder) wrote:

> I'll guess we will agree to disagree then. If it works for you ane the other
> climbers amongst the contributors then of course you can do what works for
> you :-)

I don't think any other climbers have voiced an interest in tagging routes
yet, so I suspect it is just me for now. :)

> We would be back where we started 3 years go. "type" is no different from
> "class", the previous method of tagging which didn't scale easily.

Indeed.

What were the reasons for it not scaling well?  I did have a poke around
Google but couldn't really find anything on the rationale behind dropping
the class system (notably, relations seem to go back to the idea of having
a "type" tag too...)

  - Steve