[OSM-talk] Tagging climbing routes and scrambles

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:01:55 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Steve Hill <steve at nexusuk.org> wrote:

>  I'm aware the issue is contentious, but no one has said anything to
>  convince me that namespacing isn't a good thing (certainly nothing showing
>  why it is a bad thing).

You are clearly unwilling to consider the downsides of your
namespacing proposals, beyond pure technical matters, and I think
further discussion of the issue with you is clearly going to be
fruitless. Perhaps one day I'll meet you over a drink and we might be
able to get somewhere!

In the meantime, I'd ask you to respect the views of the other people
that have contributed to the discussion, especially when providing
tagging guidelines/proposals on the wiki.

Thanks,
Andy