[OSM-talk] Naga landuse relations

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:33:18 BST 2008

Hi,

> You can't use JOSM to check this by looking at the colours on the screen. A
> properly drawn and tagged "island in a lake" will be more blue than the lake
> itself in JOSM. Also, a not properly closed polygon will still be filled by
> JOSM, but it will not show up in the mapnik rendering.
>
> If you want to see the results before you upload them, then you have to
> render
> them yourself.

Thank you for the hint.

What I am more isn't the rendering, but the "proper" use of relations
for landuse/cover polygons.  In some of my edits, I just re-use nodes
to create adjacent polygon for landuse.  I have not used relations
yet.

cheers,
maning

--
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |