[OSM-talk] Sutton mapping party - 24/25 May (SW London)

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Apr 24 17:12:44 BST 2008

Hello,

The details are now finalised, we have the use of the local library with
free wifi, support from a local councillor and various local groups
including a school and scout group all interested! I'll be getting onto the
local media soon too.

After the really successful Surrey mapping party this would be a good
opportunity to extend that extensively mapped area into the London part of
the county.

Dates: Sat 24 & Sun 25 May
Location: Worcester Park, London Borough of Sutton (south west London)

More info:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Sutton_England/Mapping_party

Since I'm making it quite public-facing, I'd really appreciate help on the
Saturday from the OSM community with:

* Ideas for workshops, mentoring newcomers, that sort of thing. I'll be sat
in the library the whole day to ensure there's a friendly face for people
who turn up.

* Preparing printouts of the aerial photography and traced coverage with
the cake boundaries, and various different sizes of areas to cover, so
people can pick up a sheet and get straight out on the street.

* If someone could bring badges, a banner etc. that would also be handy.

Let me know if you can help out & pop your name on the wiki!

Thanks,
Tom