[OSM-talk] GPS recommendations

Thu Apr 24 20:45:31 BST 2008

Kai Krueger wrote:

> I would be interested to hear how you would rate that solution
> compared to one involving a bluetooth GPS mouse and using e.g. a
> cell phone to do the recording and display of OSM maps.

Well, you can do anything if you connect a Bluetooth GPS mouse to a
sufficiently powerful computer! So, sure, if you're prepared to put
the time in to get it working, you're probably going to get more
features that way (especially if you write the software
yourself ;) ). I guess one of the main things I like about the eTrex
is that it's a single unit that Just Works.

cheers
Richard