[OSM-talk] Static maps using the new export function

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Fri Apr 25 16:49:42 BST 2008

> Surely the easiest solution is just to use the export feature, and
> upload the result to your website as a completely normal image. This is
> exatly what OSM (especially with the export feature), and none of the
> competing web maps can do.

The case I have in mind is somebody who wants to automatically geocode
addresses and then produce maps of those locations, for a web site for
community groups / venues / etc. So it's a bit different to the (very
snazzy) export feature as presently programmed and promoted (as Tom Hughes
has explained).

Kind regards,
Tom