[OSM-talk] Holux M-241

Sun Apr 27 14:43:53 BST 2008

Back in March I asked for user-friendly GPS datalogger
recommendations, and a handful of people kindly posted their
experiences.

One unit that people were interested in was the Holux M-241. The main
downside seemed to be that it would only record a trackpoint every 5s.

I gather there's now a firmware update (1.11) that fixes this. From
the comments at http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?
TOPIC_ID=103883&whichpage=4 and http://scilib.typepad.com/techreviews/
2008/01/holux-m-241-gps.html , it appears you can now select 1s as
well as 5s.

So it looks like it might be a good unit to go for.

cheers
Richard