[OSM-talk] Mapnik viewer for OSM data - UI suggestions?

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Wed Apr 30 22:41:18 BST 2008

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> One of the OSM projects I'm hoping to work on is a Mapnik GUI renderer for
> ..osm files (and live API data, cached locally, and PostGIS databases),
> based on the Mapnik viewer. However what would be good is to get some user
> interface suggestions from people. The aim is to try and make it as easy
> as possible for people to render, and print, custom Mapnik maps.

Are you asking people which of Mapnik's many knobs you think need
exposing in your UI? Or have you chosen a set of knobs but want to know
how best to present those capabilities in a usable way?

If the former, where can we find a list of knobs to choose from? If the
latter, which knobs have you chosen?

Gerv