[OSM-talk] mapping grass

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Aug 1 10:07:19 BST 2008

Hi,

I have been facing problems mapping grass. The only mention of grass
in map features is village_green. My Josm also shows landuse=grass,
but this is not on the map features page. I have the following types
of grass:

1. finely mown grass on golf greens
2. mown grass - golf fairways, lawns, cricket grounds - usually not
more than 1 inch high
3. wild grass or grasslands, steppes, prairies ...
4. trimmed grass  - in golf rough - trimmed to more than one inch.

I feel all these can be brought under one scheme - but not sure how
to do it. Suggestions?

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves